Tuesday, May 7, 2013

 Today we went underground to the western wall. We learned how the wall was made. It took thousands of slaves to build the wall for King Herod. The blocks of stone that were cut for the western wall were 12-14ft. long and 4-5ft. tall and 9ft. wide. It was so cool to see.
 This is an original column that was built for King Herod.
 This is a typical older Jewish man in the old city of Jerusalem.
 Fresh bread baked and sold everyday. It is so yummy!
 I loved to walk through the ally ways of old Jerusalem and see all of the shops. It makes me feel like I have gone thousand of years back in time. There is lots of cool things to look at!
 As we were walking we saw this fresh pita bread being baked and just had to get some. It was delicious!
 This was one of my favorite shops with hundreds of colorful scarfs to look at.
 Cute little Jewish boys going to preschool they each have their little yamacas on.
 These are women praying at the wailing wall.
 As I went down to the wailing wall I was given a little piece of paper and a pencil to write my prayer or blessing on, then I put it in one of the cracks in the wall.
The women are supposed to put veils on their heads to show respect and then they can go to the wailing wall. This is me trying to put my veil on.

I had a very fun day and I learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment